Wednesday, December 7, 2011

God's Plan - Not Ours

My husband has  a job interview today…and I'm not happy about it.  Simply put, I hate change.  It is something I can't control.

He has a job - a good job - 5 minutes from our house with awesome hours.

As I was getting ready for work this morning I was praying about his job interview today.  As much as *I* don't think he needs to change jobs, I still want him to go into the interview process feeling comfortable and not totally bombing it.   When I was done praying about today and his interview and the process, I realized one thing.  I never actually prayed for him to *get* the job.  Because I honestly, I don't want him to get the job. 

Then a thought hit me.  It doesn't matter what I want or even what my husband wants.  Its all up to God.  Its His plan we're living - not ours. 

So now, I'm trying to direct my thoughts toward the more positive and trying to see it as opportunity for our whole family to grow and follow God's plan - whatever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment