Friday, January 4, 2013

Five Minute Fridays - Opportunity

Five Minute Fridays...


We write for five minutes flat on Fridays.

We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just write or not.

Check out more here.
Ready....GO!

Whenever God closes a door he opens a window.  Or so the saying goes.

 For a kid, that is a hard concept.  Growing up I was afforded many opportunities.  As a teenager, hard choices were made by me.   I was given many second, third, fourth chances...OPPORTUNITIES. 

I'm sure I know somewhere along the way one of those opportunities most likely saved my life. 
When you are an angry, resentful teenager you just don't get it.

When you are content, happy and 30-something-year-olds you do.

 I'm thankful everyday for the blessings in my life.  My husband, my kids, my step-kids and yes, even my ex-husband.

I'm also thankful for the people in my life back then for giving me the opportunity to have the life I live now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the blessing of perspective! Thanks for stopping by my blog, because it brought me here. I so appreciate the honesty in your post!! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings ... beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete