Friday, January 4, 2013

My One Word 2013




Do as little as possible, as well as possible.

I came across this somewhere and it really struck a cord with me.  Last year I toyed with the one word idea but couldn't really commit to any one word (in hindsight I probably should have went with commitment!).

I do a lot.  As do many people.  However, I recently starting realizing the quality of what I was doing started to get diluted, less meaningful.  I was doing things hurried - to just get it done - so that I could move on.

That's not fair.  To me. To the things I was doing.  To my family.  

I want to start enjoying what I'm doing just a little more.  Take the time while I'm doing it to stop, look around and smile.  Instead of feeling hurried...anxious...I want to feel peace with where I am, what I'm doing at that moment.  

I want to do fewer things, better.  I want to not feel guilty about saying no.  

I want to bring quality to my life - all across the board.

I want to be able to stop and whisper, remind myself - quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment