Friday, January 4, 2013

January 2013 #3in30 goals


So I'm back at it - trying to create new habits, get things done, monthly, with weekly updates.  

Presenting my January 2013 #3in30


1.  Drink more water. Yes that seems vague and it is.  I don't actually know how much water I currently drink other than when I'm at the gym but it should be more.  That I know.

2.  Climb Mt. Everest.  Okay well not really...not the real Mt. Everest.  I have a laundry problem.  I hate doing it.  Any part of it.  My wonderful husband blesses me LOTS by doing the lugging it to the basement, washing it and lugging it back up to our room part.  However, l have to put it away.  It usually sits in buckets/baskets or all over the floor until someone wears it.  We call the pile of clean laundry Mt. Everest.  Sadly, even the kids know what it means.  So my goal here is to put it away once and for all.  Just a little bit each day for now until its gone.  Then when my sweets brings up any clean laundry my goal will be to put it away right then and there.

3.  Blog more. Again, vague.  Again, purposely vague.  I haven't blogged in a year.  I would like to blog at least a few times a week to get back into the habit.  I enjoy it. And most of the time I have all this stuff floating around in my head I'd like to get it.  Unfortunately for you, its going here...fortunately if you like to read my rambles...your choice.


3in30 Challenge



6 comments:

  1. I actually really enjoyed your splash of humor. You definitely should write more, you have a great voice and are enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also working to blog more consistently and shared Jolanthe's free planner I'm using to work toward that goal. Good luck with the laundry. We were having issues at the new house with the duct being clogged so every load took 2 hours to dry, I'm so glad it's fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear your pain about getting the laundry put away! My older two children's clothes get put away immediately after I fold it...because I tell them to! The rest of the clothes sit and wait...and wait...and wait. *Sigh* If you figure out the secret to putting laundry away, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are great goals - and you have a great writing sense - love the humor :)

    I'm one of those people who enjoys laundry {I know!!} so I don't have any tips....but I'll be praying for you along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for all the nice words. I really appreciate all your comments and compliments :)

    I'm hoping some accountability will help me want to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this 3 in 30 idea!! I too have a Mt Everest.... it seems if I do not do 2 loads a day (I work fulltime & have 3 children at home) it piles & piles!! I have made a trip to the laundromat a couple times just so that I have a glimpse of an empty basket. (the first time was due to the washer being repaired and the other was just so I could see daylight!!!) There is a plus to getting our laundry put away..... the laundry room is off of our bedroom so I fold clothes on my bed and everyone has a pile..... and they must put it away before going to bed.
    Love your word. Quality...so many times I forget the importance of that.

    ReplyDelete