Friday, August 26, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Older





Time is slipping away it seems.  The kids go back to school Monday.  The early mornings and late evenings are cooler.  It will be fall before we know it.  


I always wanted to be older than I was, at any given time.  I think I want to take that back now.  My son is starting 8th grade....EIGHTH GRADE.  This will be the year of the high school orientation, among other things.  I'm not ready for that.  My daughter will follow the next year.  


I know I'm getting older.  I know my kids are getting older.  Funny though, it seems my parents never get older.  They look the same, act the same...

When my kids were younger I used look forward to the fact that when my daughter graduates high school I'll be 39, I'll have the whole world in front of me...the world is my oyster, right?  Wrong.  Wrong.

Them getting older only means I'm getting older.  I think for the first time ever, I'd like that to stop. 


Five Minute Friday - read more about it at The Gypsy Mama.

3 comments:

  1. I understand, Sarah; I understand! I was one of those kids who always wanted to be older, too. Thank goodness God has blessings hidden for us throughout our lives.

    I hope you'll enjoy every moment with your kids. Thank you for blessing me with your words today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my post - and bringing me to yours.
    Cherish every moment ... and time will feel like it's slowing down ... some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the encouragement. It was a very fitting subject for me as they started school today. I'm trying not to focus on the part that is over but that part that is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete