Monday, August 8, 2011

Homemaker Training {Homemakers Challenge}

For awhile I've read along with the Homemakers Challenge at Joyful Mothering though wasn't 'brave' enough to participate (I'm shy, I embarrass easily, no one I know in real life knows I have a blog as I'm sure I would die of embarrassment, blah blah blah).  Until this week.  This challenge really hits home.  So I'm just jumping right in.

Pictures are worth a thousand words right....

My bedroom...

My daughters bedroom

Riiiiiiiggghhhhttttt....see what I mean....??  Though I could proudly say my whole entire house does not look like this, that is far from the point.  That even 1 room does, is bad enough.

I am so embarrassed to have these here, for the whole world to see, (as I'm sure my husband is) but the whole world needs to see them.  Not because I think everyone wants to see my messy collection of bedrooms but because I need to expose my secret - I am bad example of a homemaker to my children.  

How dare I tell my daughter every day to pick up the dirty clothes off her floor or make her bed when I don't.  And she sees that.  I don't want to pass this along to my grandchildren.

When I first read this post last week, the subject weighed heavy on my heart for days...for the entire weekend.  The subject of the state of our bedroom is a constant discussion between my husband and I - I struggle with my inability to 'house-keep' daily.  This weekend I spent some time in thinking and even praying about how to make my wrongs right. I can't undo how I've lived my life before, I can only start new, today. 

So today is the day.  Today I start being intentional...with what I say, and do...the why and the how.  So that sometime in the very near future I can answer these question proudly (and post the after pics)...


Are you teaching intentionally?  Are you talking about why and how you take care of your husband and your home?   Are you having them participate with your home keeping duties?

3 comments:

  1. awesome post! did you take those pictures at my house? Can't wait to share the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone and don't beat yourself up too much. :)
    Christin
    Joyful Mothering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive encouragement! I appreciate it. My kids and I spent some time yesterday talking about cleaning and taking care of what God gives us...it felt great. I can't wait to spend some time this weekend with them really showing them what that means.

    ReplyDelete