Monday, August 8, 2011

It took awhile but I finally got it...

God knows what we need before we do...before we ask...before we can even communicate it.  I've never grasped the concept of that until today.

I knew things needed to change, I knew I needed a change - inside me - I just didn't know how...or what. 

Since starting a couples devotional a few weeks ago with my husband, my behavior & attitudes at home and toward my family, has been very heavy on my heart.  I know what my downfalls are - my major one is that I feel the need to be in control and when I'm not it makes me feel very anxious and stressed - all of a sudden.  This crazy person comes out that sometimes I don't even know and she yells and screams and just isn't very nice to the people around me.  I know how it feels when that is happening, when I feel like I am losing control, yet I can't do anything to stop it. Or so I thought.

God is in control.  As a believer, it is something I always heard a lot, but never really got.  I never really felt like anyone other than me could have control on my life.  Before, just thinking about it makes me feel like I am going to have a panic attack.  The is the wrong attitude to have.  And today, that all changes.

Lord, today I am putting you in control of my life. Like you always should have been.  I can't try to control everything anymore.  It makes me tired and weak and I hurt the people around me.  I can't do it alone.  Help me remember that.  

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply ALL your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.."
Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment