Monday, August 29, 2011

Taking Back the Pep in my Step

So I started a new morning routine last week.  On Wednesday.

My goal for the first week was to get up 15 minutes early than 'normal' for prayer/journaling, exercise and a few minutes for planning out my day.  Wednesday, Thursday & Friday were great.  Got up early, did what I had planned - I even started feeling good from the exercise.  

I noticed I had more energy…there was a pep in my step.  Though out the day I felt renwed…refreshed.

Then the weekend came.  I wasn't sure about what to do.  It was the one weekend a month we have all 7 kids.  I knew in my heart that getting up even just a few minutes early and starting my day with some prayer and exercise is exactly what I would need.  With Hurricane Irene looming and the prospect of being stuck inside all weekend, I knew it was going to be one dozy of a weekend.

But I didn't.  This is where I learned the importance of going to bed at a decent hour - having a good bedtime routine.  Usually on the weekend my husband and I stay up later and Friday was no except.  He was up playing computer games…I was up catching up on tv.  Bedtime Friday was almost 1:30am.  I knew at that point, when I checked the clock before dozing off, I was doomed.  And no, I didn't learn.

I was very disappointed with myself this morning when I got up at my normal time.  I was sad almost.  I really enjoyed my days of that.  Its hard once you commit to doing something and fall off the wagon.  It’s a good reason really to just give up and not try anymore because you feel like "Why bother now?"  I'm not going to let that happen to me this time though, with this. 

I really enjoyed my new morning routine those 3 days and starting tomorrow I'm going to continue to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment